Getting Naked with Patrick Lencioni
Patrick Lencioni has spoken at the Global Leadership Summit several times and is always a favorite. Today he spoke on principles from his newest book, Getting Naked.
- People don't embrace vulnerability because it runs counter to our need to protect ourselves from suffering.
- We think we can't be vulnerable because of our fear of losing business.
- You have to learn to tell the 'kind truth.' Don't be afraid to tell the truth. Enter the danger.
- When we are serving others, we have to do things and ask questions that might embarrass ourselves.
- My job isn't to look smart, it is to help people do better.
- When we acknowledge our humanity, it attracts people. They want to be around us.
- It's fun to meet someone who is really important--and then you meet them and find out they are more interested in you than you are in them. That is attractive!