A Few People Scolded Me...
Last week there were several people who scolded me, mostly on Twitter, because I had my laptop and cell phone with me on vacation. I know they meant well, but it kind of ticked me off because they were presuming to know what keeps me from relaxing. I can’t begin to know that for you anymore than you can know that for me.
What I can say is that you have to figure that out for yourself. Maybe it’s not possible for you to have a laptop with you without also checking email and getting sucked into the vortex of work and pressure. Maybe you can’t have an iPhone or Blackberry with you without being pulled away from focusing on your marriage. But then again, maybe it’s a novel or a margarita or a hairbrush that messes you up. I have no idea—and I’m not going to project my temptations on you.
For me, this is a perfect vacation…
- Being with Faith 24 hours a day.
- Staying up late. Sleeping in.
- Laying in the Mexican or Caribbean sun for hours each day.
- Reading a good suspense novel by Robert Ludlum or David Baldacci.
- Not wearing a watch.
- Access to internet for planning dinner or fun activities.
- Raising my hand and having someone bring me whatever I want.
- Watching movies.
- No sight-seeing or scheduled activities – the Mayan ruins look just as good on the Discovery channel.
What is a perfect vacation for you?