Shawn Wood on Brand Schizophrenia
(Just noticed this post didn't go up last week...so here it is, better late than never).
- People always ask me how to do more stuff...or how to do less stuff.
- We let the stuff of church become the object of our affection--rather than Jesus.
- In our zeal for innovation, we can become more enamored with the stuff than with Jesus.
- We experience brand schizophrenia. The brand is Jesus...not all the stuff.
- Some of us are spending a lot of time trying to be something we were never created to be.
- Definition of brand = "The aftertaste left by an emotional experience."
- The experience they want at Seacoast: "Spirit-filled, practical, non-spooky, yet kind of mystical experience in multiple locations on the cheap."
- Don't chase excellence for the sake of excellence.
If you haven't got it yet, pick up a copy of Shawn's new book, 200 Pomegranates and an Audience of One.