Leadership Summit Session #3-A: Bill George
Quotes from Bill George on Finding Your True North
- We've been in a leadership crisis for 10 years.
- Only 1 in 5 trust leaders of business. In government, only 1 in 12 trust the leaders. There is a leadership vacuum.
- We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
- We tend to choose people more for their image than their integrity.
- Leading isn't about leaders and followers. It is about empowering others to lead.
- It's not about making money--it's about meaning and significance.
- Leadership today is about four things...
- My faith could explain my mother's death, but not the death of my 25-year old fiancee.
- I was working so hard to become the CEO that the company was making me into someone I didn't want to be.
- I made a transition from "I" to "we."
- Follow your compass and not your clock. Where are you going in life? It's not how fast you get somewhere...it is the direction you are heading.
- I have a prayer group I've been meeting with every week for 33 years.
- The time to build your support team is now. Don't wait. It's too late if you wait until you need it.