I've Jumped on the Twitter Bandwagon
I received more comments on my Should I Twitter? post than any other recent post. And they were overwhelmingly from twitter'ers telling me I should join the fun.
So I have. I now Twitter.
Based on all the helpful comments I received, here are the rules I plan to follow...
- I won't use it to tell you everytime I update my blog. Several of you were very passionate about that. One guy said it is a "terribly uncreative way to use Twitter."
- Very few, if any, tweets will show up on my phone. I don't need my phone buzzing every few seconds. However, if my wife starts twittering, I'll definitely let her vibrate me anytime she wants to.
- Unlike Facebook, where most of my "friends" are unfamiliar to me, on Twitter I will only follow people with whom I have a personal connection, and whose tweets add value to my life.
- I will try not to be too inane. You really don't want to know that I am pulling my car out of the driveway.
- A few people said they dropped Facebook for Twitter. That makes no sense to me. That's like saying you stopped using soap because you are going to eat chicken instead. They are two different tools for different purposes. Case in point...where is the Twitter photo album?
There you go. I'm not going to let it control my life, but for now, I'm going to Twitter things that are important to me for those who want to know.