I heard from my publisher this week that they are doing a second printing already. Evidently Pop Goes the Church is moving well since it's been in bookstores less than two weeks.
The initial print run was 5,000 books. I wasn't sure how that compared until I found these stats...
- There will be about 300,000 book titles published this year. That is about 34 per hour every day of the year. Whoa.
- There are over 1.2 million books currently in print.
- In 2004, over 79% of all books sold less than 99 copies.
- In the same year, 17% sold between 100 and 1,000 copies.
- Only 25,000 titles (or 2% of all titles) sold more than 5,000 copies.
You want to know my personal "I-would-be-ecstatic" goal? I'd love to see the book exceed 20,000 in the first two years.