Great Weather, Carpentry and a Root Canal
Random thoughts on a Tuesday afternoon from Phoenix...
- I can't wait to tell you who is now blogging. This is big news--stay tuned!
- Last night I had dinner with Tom Doyle of National CineMedia. They have 170 churches in theaters all across the country. We had a great conversation.
- Jim Tomberlin was also at dinner with Tom and I. Jim is a consultant who is helping churches all across the country launch into multi-site strategies. He has been "holding our hand" for several months now.
- I ran into Mike Meeks and BenSeligman from EastLake Church in Chula Vista, California. Very cool guys...also planning an aggressive roll-out of multi-sites next year.
- My 14-year old daughter got her braces off yesterday, but had a root canal this morning. I wish I was there to give her a hug.
- Is it a sin that I am REALLY loving this weather?
- I had a good time with David Bisgrove, executive pastor at Redeemer Presbyterian in NYC. Cool guy.
- I spent 4 days last week working on a carpentry project in my basement. Working on a handyman project is therapy for me. It renews me.