Dave Ramsey Fires Up the Catalyst Crowd
- A "steward" is a manager of someone's stuff.
- We are stewards. We manage stuff for God. It's all his.
- We don't own anything. It's not my money, I'm just a manager. It's not my energy, I'm just a manager. It's not my wife, my church, my future, my anything--I'm just a manager.
- Maybe if the people of God didn't have any payments, kingdom of God would open up.
- Only 2.3% of people tithe. Why? Because we don't love Jesus? Nope, because we're broke.
- 70% of people live paycheck to paycheck.
- Prosperity is having the money to do God's will in your life.
- When there is no margin in your life, you will find yourself in deep trouble.
- A pastor told Dave, "In 42-years, I've never had a tithing couple get divorced." I think it's because givers are less selfish, they are easier to live with.
- Five great points
- Have a Plan.
- Get out of Debt.
- Act your Wage. If you spend everything you make, you're a fool.
- Save and Invest. Rainy days will come. 78% will have a major financial crisis in your life.
- What could the people of God do for the kingdom of God if they were debt free?
This area on managing money is a personal hot-button for me. I wrote about it last year here.