Andy Stanley Launches Catalyst
Andy Stanley launched Catalyst this year with a talk about power...
- John 13:3 - "Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power..."
- As a leader, whether you like it or not, there are times when you are the most powerful person in the room. What you do in that moment says so much about you, your confidence in God, and your character as a person.
- What do you do when you are the most powerful person in your department? Church? Organization? Classroom?
- What did Jesus do? He washed their feet.
- When it dawns on you that you have power, look for ways to leverage your power for the sake of the other people in the room.
- If you don't do this, you are declaring that you are greater than your master--Jesus.
- Not to apply this principle is a recognition of your personal weakness, not strength.
- Weak and insecure leaders use their power for their own good.
- Your legacy won't be what you do in a moment (like preaching a message or writing a book), but what you do with your power.
- "I'm not greater than my Master." Forget that, and you are finished.