I'm 39-years old...
Yep, I'm 39-years old for a few more hours. June 13th is my official birthday and I turn the big 40 this year. Hasn't been too traumatic yet. I was thinking earlier this week of some of the things I've been able to experience in my short life thus far...
- Born into a great family and still have close relationships with my extended family.
- Heard live speeches from three different presidents (Reagan, Clinton, GW Bush).
- Gained huge experience with Life Action and ministered in more than 750 churches.
- Visited 49 states and several foreign countries including China, India, Albania, Slovakia and Arkansas.
- Met a great woman and had four great kids.
- Wrote and published three books with a dear friend.
- Experienced great strides in technology including the microwave oven, personal computer, email, cell phone and low-rise jeans.
- Been able to personally meet some great Christians of our day including Bill Hybels, Rick Warren, Andy Stanley, Ed Young Jr., Chuck Colson and Bob the Tomato.
- Privileged to be a part of one of the greatest churches in America from the time we had just a few hundred gathering in a rented movie theater.
That's just a short list of things that immediately pop into my mind. I have truly been blessed. If you don't agree, at least give me points for using "truly" and "blessed" in the same sentence.
The next time I blog--I'll be a 40-year old.