Craig Groeschel on Innovation
On Wednesday night I had a chance to hang a little bit with Craig Groeschel and his lovely wife at the Batterson home. So I already liked him going into the Buzz Conference session this afternoon, but I had never heard him speak. His was the kind of talk where you want to write everything down because it is so good and so right. I can’t wait to hear him again tomorrow. Some quotes from today that stuck in my mind…
· Often we say, “If only we had _________ then we could be innovative like such and such church.”
· Truth is, you have everything you need to reach the people God wants you to reach.
· If you don’t have a resource, it requires innovation.
· Limited resources PLUS increasing passion EQUALS exponential innovation.
· We need to stop whining about what we don’t have and get creative with what we do have.
· In order to reach those that no one else is reaching, we’ll have to do things that no one else is doing.
· When is the last time you had a non-believer in your home?
· Who is God calling you to reach that no one around you is reaching?
· Innovative leaders offend Pharisees… “all stinkin’ day long”!
· The things that are closest to the heart of God are most offensive to Pharisees.
· If you aren’t being called a “cult” every now and then, you must not being doing much.
· Don’t worry when Pharisees attack you. Worry when they don’t.
· What new thing is God calling you to create that will be hated today and embraced tomorrow?